The Aseanarean Bluewater Alliance or ABA was formed to serve as a strategic alliance of premier cruising clubs and marinas. Its purpose is to promote nautical lifestyles and seamless marine tourism, by offering premier destinations, share local knowledge and offer special privileges for cruising yachtsmen and to support cruising yachts.
Through the establishment of such a strategic bluewater alliance, cruising to and within Aseanarean, the world's largest nautical lifestyle region and home to the world's highest marine biodiversity will be facilitated. Cruising experiences will be enhanced, and more active and regular cruising between alliance members, will be encouraged.
The Aseanarean region is defined as the seas encompassing the 10 Asean nations of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Selected premier yacht clubs or marinas in the Aseanarean region that possess the necessary attributes, and are able and willing to forge such an alliance, were included, by invitation only, to co-found ABA.
The ABA networks are:-
- Raffles Marina (Singapore)
- Phuket Boat Lagoon (Thailand)
- Ocean Marina Yacht Club (Thailand)
- The Royal Selangor Yacht Club (Malaysia)
- Krabi Boat Lagoon (Thailand)
- Admiral Marina & Leisure Club (Malaysia)
- Bali Marina (Indonesia)
- Batavia Sunda Kelapa Marina (Indonesia)
- Nongsa Point Marina (Indonesia)
- Straits Quay Marina (Malaysia)
- Sutera Harbour (Malaysia)